We are excited to announce the launch of the new Cloud Elements Developer Portal, which was created to replace and enhance our existing API documentation.
After collecting feedback from customers and developers regarding our current API docs, we wanted to build something more comprehensive and better organized. While interviewing users about what they look for when viewing API documentation, three patterns consistently emerged:
- Developers want know how to authenticate
- Developers want easier access to API docs for individual endpoints (e.g. Salesforce)
- Developers want searchable docs
We believe the first iteration of the Developer Portal will meet those needs and will better serve developers moving forward.
The Docs are organized to support a more detailed explanation of Element/Product features:
Each Element has specific endpoint documentation, such as 'Endpoint Setup', 'Create Instance', and 'Events'. The information pertains to that Element, with bulk and query specific documents and examples coming later this year.
- Searchable Docs
- Element Specific Docs
- Ability to view the current API Docs (Swagger 2.0) for each of our Elements
- Semantic URLs
- All Element docs live under docs/elements e.g /docs/elements/salesforce/index.html
- All product docs live under docs/products e.g /docs/products/element-builder/index.html
The new features were part of an effort to make it easier for developers to find important information about our integrations more quickly. The initial feedback on the new Developer Portal has been positive and we will continue to iterate and make improvements.
Future Updates Include:
- Status Page to give users a quick view into the current status of our platform
- Release Notes to keep you up to date on our platform
- Sample Code
If you have feedback on the new Developer Portal, feel free to contact us. We’d love to hear from you.
More from Cloud Elements' developers: